ELI Xian China is currently using FOG (Focus on Grammar) series textbooks/ the FOG series is taught an integrative skills which means that areas of the language in taught at the same level.
THE FOCUS ON GRAMMAR SERIES (4th Edition)Focus on Grammar 教学重点
Irene E. Schoenberg and Jay Maurer, Level 1
Irene E. Schoenberg, Level 2
Marjorie Fuchs, Margaret Bonner, and Miriam Westheimer, Level 3
Marjorie Fuchs and Margaret Bonner, Level 4
Jay Maurer, Level 5
Known for its focus on English grammar through contextualized listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities, this lively integrated skills course helps students bridge the gap between comprehending grammatical structures and actually using them.
Centered on thematic instruction, Focus on Grammar combines controlled and communicative practice in a consistent approach that’s a proven success among students at all levels. Each unit progresses through four steps: Grammar in Context, Grammar Presentation, Focused Practice, and Communication Practice, using a new color-coded format that makes the program easy for students to understand—and for teachers to implement.
Each Student Book Features:
- Clear presentations and charts that make grammar easy to learn.
- Creative activities that stimulate communication.
- New high-interest readings that are rich in content.
- From Grammar to Writing sections that build composition skills.
- Review Tests to confirm progress and improve scores on standardized tests.
- New Internet activities for individual, pair, or group work.
- New full-color pages that engage students in every activity.
- Workbooks offer a wealth of additional exercises.
- Audio CDs provide opportunities for both task-based and extended listening.
- CD-ROM software features contextualized, interactive activities for listening, reading, and writing practice.
- Teacher’s Manual includes numerous teaching tips, audioscripts for all recorded exercises, and a CD-ROM with PowerPoint presentations and blackline masters. Also includes Student Book Answer Key.
- New Assessment Package for each level features:
- placement, diagnostic, and achievement tests
- audio CD with scripts
- test-generating software with thousands of items to create class-appropriate tests
- grammar proficiency tests developed by Educational Testing Service (for levels 4 and 5)
- Transparencies of all grammar charts in the Student Books help instructors point out important patterns and structures.
- Test-generating CD-ROM allows teachers to create and customize tests quickly and easily, and is available alone or in the Assessment Package.
- Companion Website provides students with grammar practice in new contexts through web-based exercises.